We are currently looking for a Service Coordinator to support our residents with obtaining the supportive services that they need to maintain their independent living. This position is responsible for providing guidance and supportive services in a way to employ and enhance residents’ independent living.
The Service Coordinator provides case management and referral services adhering to HUD compliance to include:
- Coordinating services and assistance through other community agencies and/or programs
- Evaluating health, psychological and social needs
- Developing service plan and revising/ updating as necessary
- Advocating on behalf of residents
- Assisting residents with building support networks
- Connecting residents to service providers
- Monitoring services provided; and
- Updating other providers involved in resident cases
The Service Coordinator provides tenants with referrals when needed to service providers such as, but not limited to:
- Personal assistants and/or homemaker services
- Island community meals and food programs; utility assistance programs
- Preventative health screening and/or medical services
- Legal and/or insurance services
This position requires working with and maintaining good relationships with our tenants.
Candidate must have strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Experience with managing detail, systems, and follow-through with accuracy
Experience and training in elder services
Experience in service management, including organizing, problem-solving and advocating.
Supervisory or management experience
Prior coursework and experience with elderly and disabled.
College graduate with specialization in nursing and/or social work
Must have own vehicle with current driver’s license
This is a full- time position with competitive pay and benefits.