If you qualify, rental assistance means that you pay rent not exceeding 30% of your adjusted monthly income. The rental assistance program is subsidized by the federal government.    Please call the office at 508-693-7557 to get the most current income limits for eligibility.

Department of Housing and Urban Development

To be eligible for one of our HUD-funded units, an applicant must be at least 62 years of age and meet the income guidelines.

USDA-Rural Development

Hillside Village I accepts applications from elderly, as well as from non-elderly persons with disabilities with very low, low and moderate incomes.

How to Apply

You can download the application or call and we’ll send one to you.   Because our properties are funded by two different agencies, you’ll need to download a USDA Rural Development application for units at Hillside Village I.  All other properties require a HUD Application.  Applications can be mailed to 60B Village Rd., Vineyard Haven, MA 02568.

USDA Application

Hud Application

Currently there are waiting lists for all properties.  To inquire about the status of our HUD-funded properties waiting list, call 508-693-7557. To inquire about the status of our USDA Rural Development properties, please call 508-693-7577.

Non-Discrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs, genetic information, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Stop 9410, Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call toll-free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642 (English Federal-relay) or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish Federal-relay). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Data Posted Pursuant to the No Fear Act.

Tenant Grievance and Appeal Policy

IEH House Rules 2018

Reasonable Accommodation / Modification Policy

Reasonable accommodation or modification application

Floor plan typical

Floor Plan accessible

HUD-Resident Selection Plan-March 2018